Curlsmith Bond Curl Rehab Salve is an intense pre-shampoo treatment, rich in proteins that targets hair bonds to strengthen and repair from the inside out.
Our hair is made of a keratin structure, which is reinforced by so-called hair bonds. There are 3 types of bonds that make up the hair structure:
- Disulfide bonds, which are damaged by bleach and chemical treatments;
- Salt bonds, which are damaged by sudden pH imbalance;
- Hydrogen bonds, which are damaged by excess of moisture and heat.
Curlsmith Bond Curl Rehab Salve is a powerful blend of superfoods and fortifying active ingredients that targets all 3 of these bonds to repair, rebuild and restore hair fibre strength. It also provides protection to help against further damage. Balancing protein-rich and moisturizing products in your routine is key to healthy, strong hair. The more damaged and porousyour hair is, the more protein-rich products from our Strength Recipes you should use.
Suitable for: all hair types especially damaged hair
Apply generously on damp hair until it is fully saturated. Leave on for a minimum of 15 minutes, (or up to 30 if you have mid-high porosity hair due to colouring, heat styling or damage). Rinse off thoroughly and follow with your favorite Curlsmith cleanser, conditioner and stylers.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD YOU USE THE BOND CURL REHAB SALVE?
This will depend on your hair’s porosity. To find this out, spray some water on a strand of dry, clean, product-free hair.
• High Porosity: the water will instantly absorb inside the hair. Use every 2-3 wash days for at least 30 minutes
• Medium Porosity: the water will form droplets on the surface of the hair and then absorb inside. Use every 3-4 wash days for at least 20 minutes
• Low Porosity: the water will form droplets on the surface of the hair, without absorbing. Use every 4-5 wash days for at least 15 minutes.
ZERO SPOONS OF: Sulphates, Parabens, Silicones, Mineral Oils, Phthalates, DEA.